Re: feature proposal for handwriting font realism

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:08:53 -0700 (PDT), Nick Levinson <nick_levinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip lots of things]

To me, as an amatuer graphic designer, this seems like a really easy way to
get pretty good-looking handwritten designs. As a programmer, though, this
seems like hell. You're saying that all of the multiple glyphs for a single
character would have the same metrics but slightly different style and a few
variations? Would this primarily be for on-screen or print purposes? I see it
being more useful for print since screen's DPI sucks majorly. For purely print
and with identical metrics, it wouldn't be too bad.

How would you have this implemented? Part of fontconfig or freetype?