Re: default font list for f17

QF> Under the mono column of zh_CN, WQY Zen Hei Sharp
QF> is actually not a monospaced font. You may consider
QF> "WQY Zen Hei Mono" for this category. I believe WQY
QF> Micro Hei was also packaged for Fedora, the proportional
QF> and monospace faces in that package can also
QF> be considered.

Please file a bug against
wqy-zenhei-fonts. 65-0-wqy-zenhei-sharp.conf contains the
generic names rule for monospace.

QF> I did not follow the default font settings in F17.
QF> There was a long standing issue of reading Chinese
QF> under non-CJK locales (en,fr etc) because Japanese
QF> fonts were set to a higher priority in the fontconfig
QF> 65-nonlatin. Will this issue be solved with the new
QF> effort?

Well, basically that is hard to guess from the incomplete
information what a font is best for characters. I suppose
it's something what higher-layered apps/library should tries
to address.
Another option is to have own config to change the default
font because making it comfortable for everyone is
impossible. that's why we have fonts-tweak-tool in f17.

--
Akira TAGOH