Re: handling of fonts in the langpack plugin

Le Ven 24 février 2012 21:01, Bill Nottingham a écrit :

> Would it be worth it for the default fonts for a particular locale to
> Provide: default-font(lang=<foo>)? Maintaining this could be problematic,
> but we would only need to do this for locales that aren't handled by dejavu
> or similar latin/greek/etc. fonts.

The main problem I see is that current provides are fully automated, and only
require looking at the font package being created content. What you ask for is
a cross-repo require, so either people would need to fill them in manually
(with the reliability and cruft accumulation of cross-processes) or each font
package would need to depend on every other font package in the repo at build
time to check if it's the priority one for a specific language or not.

(you need all the font packages in the repo since they all install font config
snippets, and especially for the langs you're thinking of those snippets will
play priority override games)

Both are not specially appealing

--
Nicolas Mailhot