Re: Request for feedbacks: fc-xmlgen

PS> On 14 November 2011 16:35, Akira TAGOH <tagoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm willing to introduce a small tool[1] to generate the
>> fontconfig config file from the font, according to our font
>> packaging policy[2].
>>
>> This tool supports to generate:
>>
>>  * Font substitution rule[3]
>>
>>  * Generic names rule
>>
>>  * Locale-specific overrides rule[4]

PS> Most of the time packager not sure regarding locale specific things, so will be good to have option to output only basic fontconfig file as per the present available
PS> templates.

That feature is optional so far. I'm planning to manage it
to generate as needed though.

PS> And regarding locale specific overrides, this can be definitely very useful.
PS> i.e.
PS> If users want to give priority 65-0, this tool can check if there is already other font available with 65-0 priority for particular language so packager can either
PS> request for new priority or debate to change existing default fonts priority.

Aha. the initial plan was to generate at the build
time. that would be nice if we can settle the order of the
fonts and conflicts among the supported languages though, I
have no idea to do it except referring comps to determine
the default fonts as I proposed some while ago.
So I leave it to the packager so far.

--
Akira TAGOH