Re: Fixing glob2

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 12:01:33 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> glob2 includes a single ttf file that I can probably replace with a symlink to
> dejavu sans. Based on a an upstream discussion about an aborted switch to a
> nonfree font, I suspect the font is free, but is there some way to check? The
> font name in the source is just sans.ttf which isn't very revealing. I haven't
> stumbled across documentation on where the font came from yet. Is there a tool
> that can report the source from the ttf file? If I can't find the source of the
> font, should I strip it from the source tarball?

My best guess is that they are using dejavu sans. They following changelog
comment from two years ago points to this:
Reverted to using the Dejavu Sans font, and making the font a compile time option

It looks like the ttf file was changed 6 months ago, but I couldn't find a log
entry to go with it. The file is not the same size as our dejavu sans ttf.

Is that could enough to be able to not have to modify the upstream tarball?