Re: Disabled bytecode interpreter

On 08/09/10 17:51, Ben Laenen wrote:
> On the fedora fonts bugs list there just appeared a message that the bytecode
> interpreter in freetype was disabled again. Any idea about why this was done?

During the f13 cycle we enabled the bci in fedora.  However, that caused
regression with font rendering in Fedora, because when bci is turned on,
autohinting is disabled by default.  So we turned bci off again.  This week,
when Matthias updated FreeType to 2.4.2, it turned bci on accidentally (since
that's the default upstream now), so he just disabled it again.

We need to find a solution for the regression before we can turn bci on.

behdad