Re: What happens if a package includes non-free fonts already?

Le dimanche 18 juillet 2010 à 12:49 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 07/18/2010 12:06 PM, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> Unless I read the thread wrong openfontlibrary.org will return. Also I see
> >> no reason to drop packages just because there upstream is gone.
> >     Current fonts guidelines asks for using foundry name in font
> > package. If based on initial import where upstream URL is no longer
> > exists but its allowed to use that and use oflb as foundry name then I
> > am more willing to work on it.

Sure, there's no need to change it, unless the author permanently moved
to something else.

> Ok, so this is about the rule of having a foundry name in the font package
> name. I think that it is fine to keep using oflb as foundry name for fonts
> which were initially packaged as such. Esp as the openfontlibrary.org site
> will return to normal operations in some time AFAIK.

The OFLB soerely needs some stability, but it's very young yet, so :(

>  >     Please tell me if this is ok. If you think its ok I will submit
>  > new, to be renamed packages for package review.
>  > If this is not ok then let those bugs be open forever.....
>  >

> I don't think that the fonts need to be renamed again and again and again,
> lets just pick a name and stick with it. Note that I'm not really a font guy
> though.

Changing hosting is work so most fonts have stable homes. One just needs
to be careful to identify the canonical one the first time a font is
packaged (some have dozens of secondary web sites)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot