Re: where's the wish list for F11?

Le vendredi 21 novembre 2008 à 10:40 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann'
Mierzejewski a écrit :
> On Friday, 21 November 2008 at 03:07, sean darcy wrote:
> [...]
> > First, I'm a great yum fan. And you are the man. No irony or sarcasm.
> >
> > But... I use a lot of 3rd party fonts that aren't open, like most
> > designers. It's weird/strange/peculiar there's no system-config-fonts
> > that would allow us to install them.
>
> This calls for some font2spec script that'd create a spec file for your
> font and let you build a package from it easily, much like R2spec or
> cpan2rpm.

R2spec or cpan2rpm work by converting existing metadata. Raw font files
do not have the kind of metadata which could be used to generate
complete spec files. You have significant packager involvment to fill
the info that wouldn't be there otherwise.

But anyway you're invited like everyone else on the list to review,
comment on and complete the current font packaging guideline change
proposal on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Fonts_packaging_automation

--
Nicolas Mailhot