[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: Fedora-electronic-lab-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

Hello there,

As many of you already know that the FEL[1] team wants to ensure that
opensource tools can be used for the real life, we would appreciate
some help in terms of such documentation.

If you are familiar with tools like iverilog and ghdl, you can help us
show the world what opensource EDA tools and opensource design flows
can achieve. I welcome you to take one of the _completed_ opencores[2]
projects and try to simulate it with ghdl or iverilog. Detail your
procedures on

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Demos/opencores/CHOSENPROJECT
You can also upload your screenshots to that wiki page. To edit on
that wiki page, please login with your FAS[4] username.

Hi Chitlesh
  This is a pointer that the Openrisc processor from Opencores works with iverilog & gtkwave.
http://www.opencores.org/openrisc,vmware

I have used this on the Ubuntu virtual machine as shown on the page and it works. It has not been tested on FEL, but the same setup should work.

Regards
David