Re: [Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: Fedora-electronic-lab-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM, David John <> wrote:
> Hi Chitlesh
>   This is a pointer that the Openrisc processor from Opencores works with
> iverilog & gtkwave.
> http://www.opencores.org/openrisc,vmware
>
> I have used this on the Ubuntu virtual machine as shown on the page and it
> works. It has not been tested on FEL, but the same setup should work.

Hello there,

thanks for the heads up, David.

Actually we don't ship vmware, thus it's not wise to show that to the
user. However my request was to help us write such type of technical
doc and not to have me write it :D hehehe

Technically it SHOULD be compatible with FEL, since all the core FEL
software are following upstream latest releases. Some are also got
patches which have been ported from upstream so that some extra
features can be enabled. Talking about that let me remind you guys
that we have iverilog v0.9.2 prerelease in updates-testing. The final
release v0.9.2 will be out soon after fixing one last blocker about
(NaN versus -NaN). It brings lots of improvements over the 0.9.1
release.

Coming back to documentation, I've also setting wikipages such as the
following, which details how testing can be carried on the EDA tools.
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Testing/iverilog

Feel free to create page
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Testing/TOOL which
details testing procedure you consider which matters to you on it. We
can get a sufficient amount of materials for testing, we can organized
Testing Days with upstream present. However to realise this, we need
some support from people outside the FEL team circle too.

--
Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab