Re: Re: FEL Contributor

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:17 PM, JoergSimon <> wrote:
> The FEL Team is faster then light! ;)
>
> That is really funny,  because on the yesterday´s FAD we had a similar idea ;)
> The Point was: collect concrete needed contributions in any form, which can
> not covered for certain reasons within the SIG or Group, right now. Send this
> Tasks to educational institutions, which are related to it.
> You are ahead of the Ambassador team to put this idea into practice.
> If you will send it to educational Institutions, your feedback would be
> great - if not - it would be great if you give us permission to use the tasks
> you collect, to get in touch and for hiring new contributors!

Hello ,

During our FEL meeting, I presented a gantt diagram to manage
different tasks of FEL development and maintenance.

[1] http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/devel/FEL_devel_timeline.html

It will be constantly be updated to track the progress we are doing
behind, while syncing with different F-11 releases. It also accounts
the free time we can allocate from our private life. This list will
definitely grow in the near future.

So as a Fedora Ambassador, one could use this page to :
- market fedora electronic lab
- "recruit" new contributors
- invite users to communicate more with us about what they want from
this electronic simulation platform.
- assign people to specific tasks on [1] , based out their experience.
The progress of each task is accounted in %.

The exact project management was used since FEL 8 development cycle.
So, it will surely work again. Maybe it can be taken as example or
enhanced for the ambassadors.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh

Kind regards.