Re: Filtering non-versioned provides/requires

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:00:06PM -0800, Chris Weyl wrote:
> rpm itself requires perl,

yes, but AFAIK it is only because the scripts generating provides and
requires are written in perl.  So the requirement is not that strong
currently.

> and the "minimal system spec" (whose actual name I'm blanking on
> at the moment) requires that perl be available on a system.

Yes, but what I had in mind was the "minimal" that is installed to a
chrooted anvironment for a mock build.   The basic requires are
listed at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Exceptions_2
and perl is not there.
AFAIK, it is only brought there as a requirement for rpm.

> Not that I'm saying anything like we _have_ to use perl for it,

Likewise, while I want to make the consequences clear, I'm not saying
perl _cannot_ be used.  :-)

Have a nice day,
	Stepan
--