Re: N00b questions - I need help getting started on packaging.

On 8/16/20 10:09 AM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:37 PM Ludovic Hirlimann <ludovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm ludo - I'd like to package josm - which requires Apcahe derby and apache-common-jcs-*.
> Hi Ludovic,
>
> I just would like to warn you, josm isn't easy to package (again),
> since a lot of the dependencies have been removed from fedora.
> You might want to look at the previous efforts to introduce it again
> (e.g. jjelen tried to keep it working).

He told me already and pointer out to this list to ask for help.

> Another problem seems to be that some of the josm dependencies
> themselves are pretty outdated and not necessarily with either Java 11
> or newer versions of their dependencies, which are in fedora now.
> Additionally, some of those projects are built with gradle, which is
> no longer available for packaging Java projects in fedora. :(

I have not ran into that. I'll poke the josm people if I need to on that
one. And see if we can simplify things :p

Thought I doubt.

Ludovic

--
https://www.hirlimann.net/Ludovic/carnet/