Re: N00b questions - I need help getting started on packaging.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:37 PM Ludovic Hirlimann <ludovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm ludo - I'd like to package josm - which requires Apcahe derby and apache-common-jcs-*.

Hi Ludovic,

I just would like to warn you, josm isn't easy to package (again),
since a lot of the dependencies have been removed from fedora.
You might want to look at the previous efforts to introduce it again
(e.g. jjelen tried to keep it working).

Another problem seems to be that some of the josm dependencies
themselves are pretty outdated and not necessarily with either Java 11
or newer versions of their dependencies, which are in fedora now.
Additionally, some of those projects are built with gradle, which is
no longer available for packaging Java projects in fedora. :(

Fabio