Re: Mass rebuild for f33-java11 side tag completed

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 at 16:54, Mat Booth <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 19:14, Jiri Vanek <jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > > A cursory glance shows that some failed with network problems. E.g. plexus-velocity failed with this:
> > >
> > > DEBUG util.py:621:  Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'build':
> > > DEBUG util.py:621:    - Curl error (18): Transferred a partial file for
> > > http://kojipkgs-cache01.s390.fedoraproject.org/repos/f33-java11/1710873/s390x/repodata/d901882654dc717c8fc91a6b2f018eeaa538eb6e003b0927bc9ae85895a83786-filelists.xml.gz
> > > [transfer closed with 23617146 bytes remaining to read]
> > >
> > > (Sigh, flakey s390x machines, we meet again.)
> > >
> > > When I retriggered the build it succeeded: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1540681
> > >
> > > Might be worth a retry of other failures before filing FTBFS bugs.
> >
> > Thanx!
> >
> > Will elaborate on this!
>
> Any update? Any thoughts on when you want to merge the f33-java11 side tag back into rawhide?

BTW There are some packages, e.g. built by ant with no sauce/target level specified at all, that are built with Java 11-level bytecode.

This is bad because if there is a dependent package that requires Java 8 for some reason it won't work because the bytecode of one your dependencies is too new and cannot be interpreted by Java 8. In these cases

I am fixing such occurrences in the ```f33-java11``` build target as I encounter them -- just something to be aware of in case you see any UnsupportedClassVersionErrors.

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora