[fedora-java] Re: API changes tracker for Java libraries

On 04/08/2016 06:58 PM, Ponomarenko Andrey wrote:
29.03.2016, 14:49, "Jiri Vanek":
  You may add openjdk itself.

  It would be rally nice to see how java api evolves during the lifecycle of single jdk (eg 7 or 8
  [and there should be 100% backward comaptibility1) ) but much more interesting would be to see the
  api changes in major jdk updates (from 6->7, and from 7->8 (or also from 6->8!) ) however... Jdk9 is
  coming, and there are modules. So although I would really like to see 8->9 api change...Will your
  tool work on jigsaw modules?

The report for OpenJDK is ready: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/openjdk/

The report for Oracle JRE: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/jre/

I'll add reports for Jdk9 soon.

Thank you.

Well They *are* interesting. TY!

btw - you wrote that you would like to replace he part which is getting the methods out of jars/classes. I did similar task in past .. several times... So if you wont to replace your perl chunk by call to java, let me know offlist and we can agree on api where we will meet.

J.