Re: API changes tracker for Java libraries

On 03/26/2016 04:19 PM, Ponomarenko Andrey wrote:
Hello,

I've just opened the new API changes tracker for Java libraries: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/

As the first step I've prepared reports for a random set of libraries: Android, Berkeley DB JE, Commons Collections, Hadoop, log4j and SLF4J.

The reports are generated by the new 1.5 version of the japi-compliance-checker tool. It's a big and useful update and it's highly recommended to update the tool if you are using it in your project: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker

I'd like to ask the community what libraries would you like to see in the tracker?

Thanks for your feedback.

BTW: The old tracker reports are still hosted by the ROSA Linux team but not updated anymore: http://upstream.rosalinux.ru/java/

Hello! It is very nice tool.. however...

Is it just my imagination that it is one 8000 lines perl script?

You can do the same in five java classes, 20lines code each....

As perl exercise? You beat most of us....:) But I doubt anybody will be ever able to maintain that :(

J.