Re: Q: How to locally maven-install a fedora maven-based package?

On 04/08/2015 11:04 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 08/04/15 10:17, Michal Srb wrote:
>> Hi Alec,
>
> Hi! Thanks for taking time to reply.
>
>> On 04/08/2015 09:22 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>
>>> All this metadata (groupId, artifactId, etc.) is available in the
>>> /usr/share/maven-metadata/app.xml file. So, my question: is there any
>>> tool which parses app.xml and installs the jar file to the local maven
>>> repository?
>>>
>>> Or have I just got it wrong, and there is another much more elegant
>>> way to make system jar files available to the local maven?
>>>

>> You can call "xmvn" instead of "mvn" and it will first try to use system
>> jars.
>
> I take this answer as "No, there is no such tool" (?)

I've just wrote a simple POC script which you can use to copy system
artifacts to Maven repo. The script is available here:
https://gist.github.com/mizdebsk/2e022dd00f21b349ce4a

If you find this script useful I can rewrite it properly and include in
javapackages-tools RPM, making it easily available in the system.

There is also climbing-namesis tool, but AFAIR it only creates Ivy
repos: https://github.com/willb/climbing-nemesis/

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat