Re: Packaging m2e-wtp

> On 03/19/2015 04:05 PM, Roland Grunberg wrote:
> >> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> >> org.fedoraproject.xmvn:xmvn-mojo:2.0.1:install (default-cli) on project
> >> org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.parent: Some reactor artifacts have dependencies
> >> with scope "system". Such dependencies are not supported by XMvn
> >> installer. You should either remove any dependencies with scope "system"
> >> before the build or not run XMvn instaler. -> [Help 1]
> >
> > Try adding '%pom_remove_dep :maven-war-plugin org.eclipse.m2e.wtp' to the
> > %prep section of your specfile. This should resolve the issue. The
> > dependency is already being set up properly by your symlink, manifest,
> > and build.properties.
>
> That removes the dependency from the pom file (there's no other pom file
> which has this dependency specified), but I still get the errors. Does
> XMvn use other checks as well?

I'm running into the same thing on F21, but can I can build your project
on rawhide (fails in %install).

This looks like a restriction in Xmvn that has been lifted in f22/rawhide
likely due to better support. XMvn seems to think that the maven-war-plugin
you've symlinked is an artifact generated from the org.eclipse.m2e.wtp plugin
but fails because it isn't actually injected by Tycho at all.

If eclipse-m2e-core ran into the same problem, my guess is the workaround can
be found in the spec [1]. Otherwise I would probably just try building with
plain 'xmvn' and package the necessary contents manually. Building for rawhide,
and F22 should be less problematic.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg