Re: Packaging m2e-wtp

> The issue is related to something else, but the reason this wouldn't
> have worked is because your maven rpm build would resolve the version
> of Fedora installed on your system (through rpm).

I re-read this and realized I made an error. It makes actual sense if
you replace Fedora with Tycho.

> In other fedora packages we just remove the jgit dependencies, for example
> see eclipse-mylyn.spec lines 243-246:
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/eclipse-mylyn.git/tree/eclipse-mylyn.spec#n243
>
> I think this is an acceptible workaround

We even do this for things like the Eclipse platform build. I'm thinking of
adding an entry about this at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tycho given that
this difference will always exist for Eclipse packages. Upstream foundation
projects will almost always build from a cloned repo (though they don't often
enable the jgit source referencing capability) and in Fedora we'll always get
the sources without the git repo metadata.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg