Re: Packaging tomcat shell scripts

Since I've come along systemd's tomcat@foo service file[1] recently
while packaging thermostat in rawhide, what is preventing you from using
this for hadoop httpfs? It worked quite nicely for us, since we didn't
have to ship our own systemd service file. We now simply use $ systemctl
start tomcat@thermostat for firing up tomcat with a CATALINA_BASE
in /var/lib/tomcats/thermostat.

I'll take a look at this and see if it'll work for us. Hadoop isn't the only service that runs this way. It seems the hadoop ecosystem tends to like to deploy this way and atm I need to look into what you've suggested to know if it'll work for hadoop and/or other projects.

Unless I missed something, I don't see any reason why the shell scripts can't be packaged. If the above solution is viable this could just be a through exercise, but what is wrong with providing the shell scripts?

Rob