Re: Ivy integration

----- Original Message -----

This is interesting; thanks!  How much of an effort would it be to generate Ivy metadata for every Java package in Fedora?  (I agree that having better metadata in Fedora is the best way forward.)

> I am not convinced that the fact that sbt requires the ivy.xml file to
> be present is not a bug. That should be taken up with upstream. For
> example, gradle also uses ivy internally, but it doesn't require the
> ivy.xml file and so it can be used without patching the resolver code,
> so I don't think that it's an issue with ivy itself. Rather, it appears
> to be hardcoded in the sbt code with no option to disable it.

Yes, this behavior is intentional, although it looks like upstream might be willing to accept a patch adding a setting to make descriptor files optional (as they are by default in Ivy):

   https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/simple-build-tool/ivy/simple-build-tool/tCNJv5JtV9Q/Xg7_vIIHuiUJ

I have such a patch but haven't submitted it upstream yet; I will after I get a bootstrapped package built.

best,
wb