Re: Eclipse build nightmares

On 04/12/2013 08:24 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 04/11/2013 02:44 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On my x86_64 rawhide VM I get a little further and then get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.17.0:package-feature
(default-package-feature) on project org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon: Execution
default-package-feature of goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.17.0:package-feature failed: Could
not resolve plugin org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon_0.0.0; Path to dependency: ->
[Help 1]

Which suggests to me that perhaps disabling the sysmon.product module was too
much.  Don't understand it though as it should be building both a sysmon
plugin and a feature.  I also tried re-enabling the product build and removing
installLaunchers=true from org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon.product but that got me
back to the equinox.executable error.

I'm at a total loss here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems something fundamental with os/arch matching is going wrong here.  In
org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon-feature/feature.xml there is:

    <plugin
          id="org.eclipse.ptp.rcp.sysmon"
          os="linux,macosx,win32"
          ws="cocoa,gtk,win32"
          arch="x86,x86_64"
          download-size="0"
          install-size="0"
          version="0.0.0"
          unpack="false"/>

If I remove the os, ws, and arch lines the error goes away.  But shouldn't we
be matching with linux, gtk, x86_64?  It seems like none of the target propery
matching/excluding it working for me.

Looks like patching out the os/ws/arch stuff for needed plugins, and removing plugins for different platforms is the only way to go. Let me know if I'm wrong here.

The next issue I ran into with sysmon is that it appears to have ended up installing all of its deps (including "system" jars) into the repo. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'm all ears.

For now though I ended up completely removing sysmon from the build because it also was bundling some pre-compiled binaries that I need to figure out how to rebuild.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion@xxxxxxxx