Re: Further improvements for Java macros - files section simplified

I'll make use of it pretty soon too, great stuff :)

--Marek

On 05.11.2012 17:27, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
Heya all,

So, after a few more tweaks these changes are now in rawhide & f18. As a test I
converted jetty spec to this new thing:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/jetty.git/commit/?id=6405e95801355483d64642f5fa75acbf00106d61

stats:

jetty.spec | 178

Enjoy,

Quoting Stanislav Ochotnicky (2012-10-10 18:51:14)
While I was working on preparing a maven repository layout, I realized we can
generate file list when running add_maven_depmap. I've added support for this to
the master branch of [1]. Note that this is not in rawhide yet, but I'd like
people to try it out.

So what will add_maven_depmap do now?

  - it will create file called maven-files-%{name}[-fragment-addition]
  - when given '-m' it also creates Maven-like layout under /usr/share/maven-repository/

This means it creates file lists per subpackage. To see this in action I
prepared a sample diff for maven-surefire (it's a poster child, so normal diffs
will be smaller) [2]. The Maven repository as would be created right now is not
directly usable by upstream maven, mostly due to pom files having different
versions than advertised and similar things. But good news is...I believe we can
fix it, and without modifications to existing packages even :-)

To test it you need to checkout our javapackages.git and replace two files on
your system:
/etc/rpm/macros.fjava with macros.fjava from root of git
and
/usr/share/java-utils/maven_depmap.py with scripts/maven-depmap.py

I could probably create a test rpm if needed, but for that I'd likely just
commit to rawhide :-)

Hope you'll like further simplifications...

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/javapackages.git/
[2] http://fpaste.org/kn1G/

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>