Re: Can we go to Groovy 2.0?

On 07/05/2012 10:23 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> I really hope that the potential packager will package the latest
> released version in order to prevent such incompatibility problems
> soon after the package is introduced.

IMO, gradle is a really bad idea/design. Instead of being declarative
like ant, it contains actual code to do the build (which seems
completely unnecessary and will tend to make every build different).

The code generally extends the gradle API, so if the gradle API changes,
and it does, all build files must be patched. I can say this was mostly
never a problem for ant, which also tried to retain backwards
compatibility for the most part.