[fedora-java] newbie question - Tomcat 4 instead of Tomcat 5 on FC4

Hi,
If I am in the wrong list please advise me of such. I am trying to install the MIRC server from the Radiological Society of North America. This calls for java 1.4 (installed) and Tomcat 4.x.

I am running FedoraCore4 which has Tomcat 5 installed and the MIRC software (a Radiology Teaching File/Research Case database product) will not run under Tomcat 5 at the present. I therefore need to have Tomcat 4 installed which I can do from the tar.gz. However, how can I make sure that the Tomcat 5 installation is not called or do the tar.gz files usually have files I can copy to /etc/init.d to use to start the Tomcat 4 service on boot?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as a newbie I am somewhat overwhelmed with the terminology associated with Java in all of its clothes.

Thanks,

Bob Hartung