Meeting with Openstack magnum team today

Spent the day chatting with a bunch of Fedora Atomic users today.

Some pain points that came out of todays discussions:

- kubernetes versions
    * sometimes we have lagged behind upstream in Fedora and this has
      caused some pain. They are on board with containerized
      kubernetes as a solution to this problem.

- installing small operating system agents
    * have some small agents that need to run as a daemon on the host
      some solutions:
        ^ build own ostree - more maintenance
        ^ package layer - requires reboot
        ^ run in container - large containers for small agents
        ^ run as container that acutally bind mounts in host directories
            ` very small container with just the agent
            ` when container runs it bind mounts in software from the
              host. i.e. using the hosts python stack. I don't know if
              this will work but just thought of it as we were talking
              today.
            ` i'm sure this may be a bad idea on several levels.

- pre-loading containers on system startup
    * there is a need for being able to load containers on system
      startup into the container runtime. I think jlebon already
      worked on something like this maybe. Either way the idea is that
      we have a service that looks in a certain directory in the
      filesystem for container images and loads them into the runtime
      on startup and then deletes those images (or not depending on
      configuration). One could start a cloud image and mount a volume
      that these images are already loaded into. One could crack open
      the qcow and cp the files in, etc. Doesn't matter how they get
      to the "pre-defined" location, we'll import them.

Dusty