[atomic-wg] Issue #228 `clarify policy on atomic host support for older Fedora "number" releases`

dustymabe reported a new issue against the project: `atomic-wg` that you are following:
``
After talking with people from the fedora community and from the atomic WG it has become clear that there is a lot of confusion on our policy for support for N-1 releases of Fedora Atomic Host.

First off some terminology:
**support**: means that we test and release new 2 week releases for this number release (i.e. we currently test/release new two week releases of Fedora 25 Atomic Host).
**N-1**: currently is Fedora 24 Atomic Host
**life support**: means that we still push out OSTree updates for the OSTree that backs this number release, but we don't create new image releases and we don't formally test it.

Currently we have been offering **support** for the current (N) release of Fedora and **life support** for the previous (N-1) release of Fedora. In the future I'd like to formalize our **support** policy and stop providing **life support** for previous releases once it is no longer a current release.

There are a couple of reasons for this:

- The level of effort going into N-1 is very minimal and I wouldn't want someone running that to get a false sense of security from it.
- If N-1 breaks in releng for whatever reason, spending time on N-1 is not a high priority and I'd like to not have to fix it if it breaks.

For F26 I'd like to formally state this policy of **support**ing only the N release. We can also **life support** the N-1 for an agreed upon time period after the N release (30to60 days or something) to allow for transition.

Note: There is also some discussion about making Fedora Atomic a rolling release. That is outside the scope of this ticket.

``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/228