Re: Fedora @ Google Cloud

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:27 AM, Renich Bon Ciric
<renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason they enable sudo and lock root is to keep better auditing
> options. But, hey, it's not like you're gonna create 20 keys in a
> single server for 20 admins to go in and do stuff.

Huh, it kind of is... If you create a project and add many users to
it, all of them will get accounts created by google-compute-daemon, so
in effect every user of the project will be able to login to every
compute instance. I currently work on a project with 5 users and all
of us can log in to all instances. If someone else comes along to the
project, we just add them and they get access to all instances
automatically.

> I can live with SSH keys injected to root. A root with it's SSH
> allowing login without-password only. This would be convenient and no
> passwords involved.

I see value in keeping home directories for each user... For instance,
that means I don't *have* to be root all the time and I don't run the
risk of typing a mistaken command and hosing the box... It also means
I can customize my home with a .bashrc, .vimrc, .gitconfig without
worrying about my colleagues logging in to that box and being annoyed
by my settings taking over.

Cheers,
Filipe