Re: Fedora @ Google Cloud

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we build all images for Fedora in koji using imagefactory/oz, your best
> bet is to take one of the nightly images and upload and see what's
> broken. note, there is a itern working on an uploading service to
> upload to the different providers.  we also have a ticket open to
> gather all the accounts we need to create for providing images to all
> the different providers, this is so we can get a definite sign off from
> Legal on the agreements on uploading.  In the end if we do not get
> legals okay for the accounts we can not make the accounts and provide
> images.

Well, as far as "it's working" goes, my image works fine. The thing is
to adhere to their recommendations and stuff. some are kind of
questionable. For example, they suggest automatic updates. Another
thing is get your firewall down; since they provide their own
implementation.

Then, there's the daemon and init scripts they provide, which are not
packaged (as RPM) and should be, IMHO.

# recommendations
https://developers.google.com/compute/docs/images#buildingimage

Another thing is that they forbid root login and ask it to be locked.
But they like passwordless sudo; which brings no alternate benefit
other than "easier audit" as they said; which is irrelevant if you get
hacked.

I'd like to know if we're on to discuss this or just adhere to their
recommendations. they bring some benefits... most of them.

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/