Re: Summary of Fedora on Odroid XU4 [and related HC1]

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 3:59 PM, R P Herrold <herrold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2017, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>> Sure, and we have a wiki basically anyone can edit, and even pages to
>> make notes for particular SoCs:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM#Supported_Hardware_and_Devices
>
> I put an initial starter in place; my initial work-plan is to
> simply work down through the RPi wiki-page and 'flesh it out'
> as to the XU4, etc

It would be great if you could use the SoC device template for that,
the RPi FAQ is kind of special case and will also move over to that
template.

>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/exynos
>
>> It's very easy to say "I think this is what should happen" when you're
>> not the one that has to do the work. If you want to do the work and
>> step up and maintain the Exynos devices I'll happily assist
>
> I have both ODroid XU4 and HC1 kit, and know that I have hit
> something of an issue running without an SD card, and rather
> booting natively from the SATA interface.  Another friend and
> I are working through this issue, as the price point on the
> (fanless, but with HUGE heat sink) HC1 hard to resist when
> putting together a silent operation device

Often you'll need a small SD card to run u-boot and then from there
u-boot can boot the OS from the usb/sata interfaces