Re: Fedora Council election nominations are now open

On 29/10/2020 20:33, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 29/10/2020 17:13, Tom Callaway wrote:
>> I am also running for this Fedora Council seat, and even though the pandemic has my hair as long as it has ever been, I feel obligated to inform you all that I am not a horse. I realize this may be distressing to some of you, but I assure you, as a human, I will do my best if elected.
>>
>> Fedora has been my family for a very long time and I am pleased to know a great number of you, but if you have any questions about me or my motivations for this opportunity, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Barring NDAs, I am an open book, and I look forward to the opportunity to continue contributing to Fedora.
>

> Yes, a positive campaign will be good.  Thank you for all your
> contributions to Fedora and free software.
>
> Hopefully more competitors will join the race too
>
> My reference to horses was not Fedora-specific, there is a Leader of
> Free World election, coincidentally, on the same day as Melbourne Cup,
> Tuesday, 3 November

Following up on my earlier post, I've decided to withdraw my nomination
and I've indicated that on the wiki.  If anybody else feels that this
leaves a void that you would like to fill with your own nomination,
please be quick as the deadline is some time tomorrow.

We are in a fast moving industry in a fast moving world.  I regret that
my availability isn't going to be what I anticipated when nominating but
I feel this is an important role and therefore I would not want to let
people down.

The delayed messages on this list also impacted my thinking about this
but it wouldn't be fair for me to use censorship as a scapegoat when
there are other demands on my time now.

Regards,

Daniel