Git Forge Discussion: What can we do now?

Hi all,

I have been keeping up with the threads surrounding the git forge move from Pagure to Gitlab. There are three things I would like the council to address:

Evaluating this situation, taking some time to document what went badly, what maybe went well, how we can roll out decisions like this more effectively in the future. Perhaps even writing something publicly so that the community sees we see it went badly, and that we are listening.

For the teams that want to stay on Pagure, is that an option?

How do we ease the path of acceptance around Gitlab for those teams that have to and/or want to move there. The decision to go with it has been made. We need to help the community see, understand, and accept why the decision was made, and then hopefully become inspired to contribute to it. We are working against a lot for this second piece, though I have a couple ideas. I would really love to get input from everyone else.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

Best,

Marie Nordin

Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator

Red Hat Fedora Project

She/Her/Hers

T: +1.973.800.4967

IRC: riecatnor