Re: Code of Conduct and Fedora Planet

It's fine if I don't have a vote, I was just hoping it would.

I'm not sure if it's on topic, but, it's a fascinating tangent -- I had initially thought that the CoC wave across the F/OSS world a few years back being pushed by activist groups was to prepare larger hubs of activity for corporate acquisition, but, was unable to track it to a meaningful conclusion when I got distracted by Red Hat's acquisition by IBM, Github's acquisition by Microsoft, Docker's acquisition by Mirantis, NGINX's acquisition by F5, Rackspace's acquisition by Apollo, etc, etc, etc....

I'm now convinced that's not the case, because I just don't see any evidence of any coordinated, collaborative buyouts of open source bastions.

I feel like I'm missing something, though.

Honestly, the CoC just hasn't come up.

-C

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 28/03/2020 00:36, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020, 4:30 PM Chris Punches <punches.chris@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:punches.chris@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I vote for restoration of Daniel's blog.
>

> Hi Chris.  Thanks for showing support for a fellow contributor.
> However, CoC issues are not handled via the community at large and
> aren't really voting kinds of events.

Why not?  That's how the jury system works.

> From past experience with CoC related items, I can confidently say
> Matthew is working diligently with the proper parties and working to
> resolve things in the manner best fitting the situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_justice

"it is seen as a fundamental right guaranteeing liberty"

FSFE and Debian don't suffer from a 'Campaign of Harassment' right now,
they are suffering from secret cabals and conflicts of interest.  Like
Coronavirus, it is spreading to other communities through Molly de
Blanc's "Whispering Networks".  Her words[1], not mine.  I didn't bring
this to Fedora, it was delivered through those messages, described
opaquely in the CoC pagure case as "From Debian".  Please show them to
the jury.

If people have accusations to make, please put the facts in public.
Josh, your email is not fact, it feels like more innuendo and the Code
of Conduct doesn't permit that according to Matthew.

I would rather that we air all the dirty laundry now so I can clear my
head and deal with the more serious grief and tragedy that has come my
way.  But FSFE and Debian's so-called "leaders" insisted that Free
Software comes first, volunteers aren't permitted time to grieve, so we
have to go through this together.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/community_guidelines/