Re: what is innuendo?

On 27/03/2020 19:46, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Innuendo is a veiled or equivocal attack on character or reputation. This
> isn’t respectful discourse and is not okay as a member of the Fedora
> community.

My queries about conflicts of interest were not intended to cause
disrespect.

They were the final step after all other attempts at dialogue with the
individuals concerned were stonewalled and after the people involved had
/themselves/ chosen to start a campaign of innuendo, even boasting[1]
about it in that FOSDEM talk.

The people involved used their reputation and status to denounce other
people.  At least three people identified themselves on the
debian-project mailing list in December 2018.  If leaders use their
status as a weapon, is it reasonable to blunt that weapon by
demonstrating it is not exactly made of the finest steel?

In other words, if they put that knife against a volunteer's throat, why
should anybody be surprised when that volunteer tries to twist it away?

Then again, that is Debian and FSFE, not Fedora.  I'm trying to keep an
open mind about whether the same situation could actually arise in Fedora.

I fully reject the type of innuendo you describe but it isn't really
relevant to the situation at hand.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/community_guidelines/