Re: A new vision statement for Fedora

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:24 PM Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A few years ago, the Fedora Council updated the Fedora mission statement.
> The result is functional but not particularly inspiring. It talks about what
> we’re doing, but not much about the why. So, this year, we worked on a new
> vision statement to serve as the proverbial “banner on a hilltop” that we
> can use to rally our existing community and to attract new contributors.
>
> Our draft is at:
>
> https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/lets-write-a-new-vision-statement-for-fedora/

I think I was one of whom strongly disagree with the current one
simply because 'that enables software developers and community
members' make me feel contributors is less important than technology.

Reading the new one, I think this draft sounds much more inspiring to
me. While I have a small suggestion.

"The Fedora Project will be a reference for everyone who shares this
vision." I think it might be better if we say "The Fedora Project can
be ...". By changing 'will' to 'can' I want to make this sentence feel
more about a possibility than a future goal.

Just my cents.

--
Ziqian SUN (Zamir)
zsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx