Re: Fedora and Steam

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM Justin W. Flory <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Personally I see the gamer demographic as tough for Fedora to reach. It
> also requires non-trivial investments in marketing and outreach¹, along
> with the technical challenges mentioned previously.

Seems like the potential opportunity is to become a default option for
another organization that is already doing some of that outreach. The
Power of the Default is strong. :)

If Valve agrees that Fedora can become the default Linux option for
Steam users with a well-scoped amount of work, then it might be worth
pursuing.

If Valve is unwilling to commit to that kind of relationship, then
it's probably not worth pursuing.

--g