Re: meeting schedule and objective checkins

El mié, 14-02-2018 a las 14:44 +0100, Brian Exelbierd escribió:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, at 1:28 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Right now, we have a repeating plan of
> >
> > * Open Floor
> > * Tickets & Ongoing
> > * Open Floor
> > * Subproject Report
> >
> > I'd like to do more to support our Objectives -- especially if we
> > add
> > an IoT one. We could add a regular section on this in the "ongoing"
> > part of "Tickets & Ongoing", but I'm afraid that if we do that
> > we'll
> > never get to tickets. And we could use subproject reports, but I
> > want
> > to connect with other/wider parts of the project with those. So,
> > what
> > about one of:
> >
> > A. Replace one of the Open Floor meetings with a Objective Checkin
> >    meeting (with time allocated to all current objectives), or
> >
> > B. Have a mini-report from one of the objectives on a rotating
> > basis at
> >    the beginning of every Open Floor meeting.
>
> I was thinking about this recently, and I'd like to see a written
> report from each objective every 4-8 weeks in the form of a
> commblog/magazine post with any additionals via the council mail
> list.  We could then continue the rotating video meetings for them
> and have those months/periods not require a separate post.
>
> I think this would allow us to put objective checkup on every
> meeting's agenda.

I like this idea, I think an issue we have today is that we do not
speak loud enough about what we are doing. As a result while we are
heads down doing things we do not speak about it so to an outsider it
looks like we are doing little or nothing outside of releases.  Having
regular central reports on ongoing work could be very useful to show
what is happening.

Dennis