Re: meeting schedule and objective checkins

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, at 1:28 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Right now, we have a repeating plan of
>
> * Open Floor
> * Tickets & Ongoing
> * Open Floor
> * Subproject Report
>
> I'd like to do more to support our Objectives -- especially if we add
> an IoT one. We could add a regular section on this in the "ongoing"
> part of "Tickets & Ongoing", but I'm afraid that if we do that we'll
> never get to tickets. And we could use subproject reports, but I want
> to connect with other/wider parts of the project with those. So, what
> about one of:
>
> A. Replace one of the Open Floor meetings with a Objective Checkin
>    meeting (with time allocated to all current objectives), or
>
> B. Have a mini-report from one of the objectives on a rotating basis at
>    the beginning of every Open Floor meeting.

I was thinking about this recently, and I'd like to see a written report from each objective every 4-8 weeks in the form of a commblog/magazine post with any additionals via the council mail list.  We could then continue the rotating video meetings for them and have those months/periods not require a separate post.

I think this would allow us to put objective checkup on every meeting's agenda.

regards,

bex