Re: making https://github.com/fedoraproject official?

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 12:14:38AM +0200, Robert Mayr wrote:
> For several known reasons I am not really a friend of github, and
> there are many others who think the same about it.
> I think, while using facebook and twitter are just messaging
> platforms, making github an official repository is not the same. That
> would create a wrong message, IMHO.

Oh, I'm not suggesting making an official Fedora repository and
encouraging use. But, *huge* amounts of the open source development
going on in the world is on Github. Pretty much all young developers
basically live there. I share your reservations, but at the same time,
I think the blank page looks bad and doesn't give us any opportunity to
bring in new people.

> I know we have stuff on github, but there are also other solutions if
> we want to use them, so instead of making this official, why don't we
> look for alternatives?

Oh, we definitely *do* have alternatives!

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>