Re: making https://github.com/fedoraproject official?

> This is not a "let's move Fedora to github!" message.
>
> I think, though, we can do something better with
> <https://github.com/fedoraproject>. We already have presense on
> platforms like Facebook and Twitter, and I think this is a missed
> opportunity currently. Does anyone object to
>
> a) making this page official?
> b) adding a brief blurb explaining the fedora project and pointing to
>    http://getfedora.org/
> c) possibly adding a document pointing to various Fedora-related stuff
>    that *is* on github?

For several known reasons I am not really a friend of github, and
there are many others who think the same about it.
I think, while using facebook and twitter are just messaging
platforms, making github an official repository is not the same. That
would create a wrong message, IMHO.
I know we have stuff on github, but there are also other solutions if
we want to use them, so instead of making this official, why don't we
look for alternatives?

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)