Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On 04/17/2017 03:58 PM, Robert Mayr wrote:

> I am also a user who contributes to Fedora because it is free, and
> that's still very important to me. We still have our 4 foundations as
> main principles (as vision?), therefore I wouldn't understand the
> missing "free" adjective as something we are throwing away. The new
> mission statement aims to be an evolution of the former one, like
> Linux distributions and software are evolving almost daily.
I think mission statements vs vision statements vs the core values vs
the objectives vs the user base is confusing. I find it confusing. It'd
probably help to present the new mission statement within the context of
the other stuff so folks can see community and software freedom is still
a core part of the entire framework.

(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview)

~m