Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 09:55:13AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> So, here it is:
>
>   Fedora creates an innovative platform that lights up hardware,
>   clouds, and containers for software developers and community
>   members to build tailored solutions for their users.

My initial reaction was similar to Neal's. What about inserting "free
and open source" just after the "innovative"? Or maybe can find
something more meaningful in place of the "innovative"?

  Fedora creates a[n innovative] free and open source platform that …

>   - Lights up hardware, clouds, and containers — We want to be
>     specific about a primary focus as an enablement layer for
>     environments people want to use.

While I don't have any specific issue with that part, it somehow feels
out of place for a mission statement. We just learnt that those should
be good for something like 6½ years. That's plenty of time for new
terminology to emerge that might make the mission look dated. A more
timeless "systems" (someone have a better word here?) might be more
appropriate.