Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, part of the utility of the platform is to provide a solid
> base to help bootstrap new ecosystems on top of it that we haven't
> even thought of yet.  Are you suggesting we define the ecosystem in
> the mission statement?  If so, isn't that limiting possibilities?

We could stand to limit some possibilities.

I mean, I kinda feel like we're dancing around saying "Ubuntu has
become the default platform for way too much DevOps stuff, let's go
take that space back" and we're trying to find the most mission-y way
of saying that, when I kinda feel like we should just... say that. But
maybe that's unhelpful. :)

--g