Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg
<greg.dekoenigsberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh151@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The corollary to "innovative platform" needs to be something like "supports an ecosystem". Without that, the platform remains an island. With an ecosystem, it becomes part of a something bigger.
>
> +1 to Subhendu.

I don't disagree, but ecosystem is very broad.  I can think of lots of
things we could claim are the ecosystem.  Some of them would even be
accurate.

However, part of the utility of the platform is to provide a solid
base to help bootstrap new ecosystems on top of it that we haven't
even thought of yet.  Are you suggesting we define the ecosystem in
the mission statement?  If so, isn't that limiting possibilities?

josh