Re: Election: Better explain roles of Council

Greetings Council!

In the recently concluded CommOps meeting[1], we had an intensive discussion session on this issue[2].  Brian made us realize that we are on a tight schedule and it would be extremely difficult to have any significant influence.  However, we still believe it is important to focus on improving communication of Council positions.  The purpose isn't to "lower the bar" for someone running for the Council, but rather, we want to improve the visibility and transparency of the work they do, so that more capable individuals feel confident enough to run and/or nominate others for these positions.  Thusly, we are proposing for a *FAQ* wiki page to have in place for Summer 2017 elections.  This may definitely help someone, who is interested but maybe not be fully engaged with the Council, to be able to understand some of the core responsibilities, and then nominate someone they believe is capable.

In the interest of time, we also decided to post a CommBlog article which, hopefully, will be helpful for the upcoming elections.[3]

Eager to know the Council's thoughts on the above mentioned points.

[1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-12-06/commops.2016-12-06-17.30.html
[2] https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/93
[3] https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/elections-2016-nominate-leadership/

Regards,