Re: [council] #53: privacy policy should be updated to describe the privacy of Fedora installations, not participation in Fedora events

#53: privacy policy should be updated to describe the privacy of Fedora
installations, not participation in Fedora events
---------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zbyszek  |       Owner:

Comment (by mattdm):

 That's okay.

 Meanwhile, it's my understanding from Legal that the term "Privacy Policy"
 has some specific implications that they'd like us to stay away from
 meddling with. Not being a lawyer, I don't know precisely what that means,
 but I think it's basically that the privacy policy exists to make sure
 basic obligations and they don't want potential liability expanded beyond
 that.

 Since as Fedora we *can't* really police what happens in every one of our
 packages and are just making a best effort, I can see a real concern. I
 *do* think it's in line with the Fedora mission to have aspirations
 towards an OS which is respectful of user privacy, though, so we should
 come up with something that is not a "privacy policy" but addresses our
 intentions. (Like the document Paul mentions in comment #3)

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/53#comment:9>
council <https://fedorahosted.org/council>