Re: IRC SIG needs external oversight

Right, so if someone is clearly having IRC / network connectivity issues, perhaps trying to contact them via IRC isn't the best way to go? Maybe the policy could be updated to have outreach via something asynchronous like email if their connectivity to IRC is an issue?

It also would make sense as a matter of policy to point them to resources that could help the with the problem, such as the free bouncers that nirik mentioned (I was unaware of these myself.)

~m