Re: Flock and possible upcoming objectives: marketing upfront; internet of things

Matthew Miller (mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> * Internet of things. This has a lot of parts where Fedora can fit:
>   Fedora on devices (hello, ARM SIG!), Fedora Workstation as a devel
>   platform, Fedora Cloud as backend. Maybe big data, too. We have lots
>   of parts, but no strategy. Metrics: production of such a strategy.
>   Features/change requests related to IoT, possibly IoT SIG with
>   regular meetings...
>
> Discuss. :)

If Fedora's interested in supporting IoT at the non-hobbyist device level,
that use case likely requires that updates are:

- available for an indefinite period of time
- able to be installed reliably with minimal user interaction
- potentially done automatically via a push model

Is that something doable at the SIG level, or would it need more systemwide
work?

Bill