Re: fedora project projects

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:25:12AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 09:02:42AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > My recollection is that page is extremely old.  I would argue it's
> > > also not extremely useful because it simply formalizes common sense.
> > > It also adds a level of bureaucracy to initiatives contributors ought
> > > to feel free to start at any time.  When I read this page it fills me
> > > with ennui.  I guess what I'm advocating is to not take every wiki
> > > page hanging around for 7+ years as de facto necessary to carry
> > > forward. :-)
> > I agree.
>
> So...... nuke the whole wiki, start over? :)

"It's the only way to be sure."

No, I'm only kidding.  Yes, there are stale pages out there.  There's
a template anyone can add to a page that makes that clear, *and* adds
the page to a category so it can be vaccuumed up easily.

  {{old}}

That puts the page in the "Old pages" category:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Old_pages

I notice a lot of old pages are in the Archive: namespace already.  I
believe those don't get indexed, so we should be able to do is remove
them from the {{old}} category.  (It's not like we need to reap their
storage space.)

By the way, we have a wiki@xxxxxxxx.o list where we can discuss
further.